A Real World Look at Investigations in the Dark Web
This course is designed for investigator to understand where to start their Darknet investigations and how to operate in this new environment. Investigators engaged in online investigations of any kind and those using open source (OSINT) analytics, will benefit greatly from this course. Crime analysts, National security investigators, crimes against children investigators, and drug investigators will especially benefit.
This is an advanced level course presented from an investigators point of view. Those with a non-technical background will also benefit from the material presented.
The content of this unique course is not offered anywhere else. The course material is supported by real world examples and incidents. This is not a general lecture course. This course will provide the student with the understanding of how to accomplish effective investigations of Darknet sites and users. The course will allow investigators to step up their investigative skills to meet the new challenges offered by the anonymity of the Darknet.
- The Darknet/Dark Web, what it is and what it is not
- To Tor or not to Tor
- Tor and its use in an investigation
- Cryptocurrency as misused by Criminals
- Going Undercover on the Darknet
- Darkweb legend building
- Dark web investigative techniques
- Technology and techniques to locate a suspect on the Darknet
- Meta data use on the Internet in Images and documents
- Target Attribution
- Using web bugs and other technology to locate a suspect
- Advanced Darknet/Dark Web Investigations, identifying the anonymous user
- 4-Days of Instruction
- Course Manual
- Practical Files
- Attendance Certificate
Download the Syllabus
Download a printable copy of the course description and key learning points.
If you are interested in hosting this, or any of our courses at your facility, contact us.