Advanced (UAV) Drone Forensic Analysis (South Carolina)
3-day Advanced Level Course
This three-day course will equip you with the practical skills to identify and extract multiple sources of data from drones and their associated controlling devices, in line with recognized best practice.
The Spyder Forensics Drone course will teach investigators and forensic examiners workflows and best practices in the recovery and analysis of small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS) – Drones. Delegates of the course will learn new skills in capturing data from the aircraft, it’s controller and mobile application in a none invasive or destructive process.
Combining leading research from Spyder Forensics and recognized international universities, this course will equip you with the skills necessary to forensically conduct extractions from all elements of UAV system devices and perform analysis of flight data for use as intelligence or as evidence to support the conviction of illegal use.
Primary Learning Objectives
- Drone threat analysis
- Discuss uses in legitimate usage and criminal activities
- Extraction methods of all storage media (nondestructive or invasive techniques)
- Recognize types of data available from drones, their linked devices, and third-party sources
- Conduct forensic extractions of data from the leading drone devices
- Analyze extracted data effectively to produce reports fit for use in criminal justice proceedings
- Learn how to produce a forensic report to support examination of UAV