Cryptocurrency Investigator - Advanced Course40 Hours / 5-Day
This Advanced Cryptocurrency Investigator Course is a hands-on practical 5-Day multi-instructor-led interactive program designed for law enforcement officials, intelligence analysts, and investigators who want to significantly advance their cryptocurrency investigation and seizure skills. Participants will gain valuable knowledge and a high level of competence through “doing” instead of just watching.
Introduction and Tools Used on the Course
This Advanced Cryptocurrency Investigator Course is a hands-on practical 5-day multi-instructor-led interactive program designed for law enforcement officials, intelligence analysts, and investigators who want to significantly advance their cryptocurrency investigation and seizure skills. Participants will gain valuable knowledge and a high level of competence through “doing” instead of just watching.
Through a rigorous program of exercises students will become fully practiced and confident in their ability to identify, recover, seize, and restrain cryptocurrencies quickly, securely and properly. Participants will gain critical experience in Cold Storage and the proper transfer of cryptocurrency from a suspect’s wallet to an agency owned wallet during the execution of a search warrant.
Working with different devices participants will learn how to efficiently use the 25 most common hardware wallets, utilize, crack, recover and update different versions of firmware for a variety of hardware wallets, and restore wallets from corrupted devices such as desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. Participants will be accomplished in creating a blockchain, developing their own Tokens, running a node and creating smart contracts all on their own.
Law enforcement, intelligence analysts, and investigators will gain experience in establishing an agency wallet, identifying evidence of cryptocurrency on devices using the advanced search and forensic techniques, identifying paper wallets, finding hidden or obscure cold storage hiding places and discovering hidden Mnemonic BIP39 seeds. After that, participants will go through a rigorous program of exercises and practice the proper seizure, transfer, and storage of cryptocurrency funds.
Participants will know how to secure storage of cryptocurrency to prevent, avoid bad seized cryptocurrency transfers, and recover from a bad seized currency transfer if that happens. Through hands-on practical exercises, participants will become proficient in their ability to decrypt cryptocurrency wallets, recover Private Key QR Codes, perform independent BIP38 password recovery, and access inaccessible wallets.
- You will be trained on how to Decrypt Wallets.
- You will be trained on how to Decrypt Wallets.
- Become versed on what to do with seized devices.
- Rehearse the seizing of funds during the execution of a search warrant.
- Learn how to utilize different versions of wallet firmware for a recovery.
- Use, setup, and recover the 25 most common Hardware Wallets.
- Practice how to identify a suspect’s cold storage hiding places.
- Learn how to do a BIP38 Password Recovery.
- Learn how to recover the deleted wallets of a suspect.
- Learn how to restore wallets from the suspect corrupted devices.
- How to upgrade a suspect’s older Hardware Wallets.
- Use outdated firmware to your advantage.
- You will create your own Tokens during this course.
- You will practice the creation of Smart Contracts.
- Learn how to create a node and use it during an investigation.
- Learn how to recover a damaged Private Key QR Code.
- Avoid bad transfers such as a transfer to an invalid address.
- Recover from bad transfers.
- You will practice how to access Inaccessible Wallets.
- Practice device forensics to identify and recover cryptocurrencies on cell …phones, tablets, and desktops.
- You will learn how to Identify Cryptocurrencies during a search warrant.
- We will teach you how to establish an agency owned cryptocurrency…wallet before the execution of a search warrant.
- You will practice the protection of department/agency cryptocurrencies ..assets during and after the execution of a search warrant.
- You will practice the storage of department/agency cryptocurrencies..assets.
- You will learn how to Identify evidence of cryptocurrencies on devices..using advanced search and forensic techniques.
- You will exercise the Transfer of cryptocurrencies from your suspects’..wallet to your agency owned the wallet.
- You will learn how to find Mnemonic BIP 39 Seeds and their hiding places.
- You will practice the Secure Storage of Cryptocurrency during a takeover.
- 40hrs of Instruction
- Course Manual
- Practical Files
- Attendance Certificate
This hands-on course is geared towards forensic investigators with 6 months experience in forensic work with an understanding of Microsoft data structures.
Request the Syllabus
Contact Spyder Forensics for more details of the course.
If you are interested in hosting this, or any of our courses at your facility, contact us.